WACA Member Benefits
Download the PDF here
(Publication discounts list below.)
Trusted, Prestigious “World Affairs Council” Brand
- Recognized nationally and internationally by politicians, top policy makers, civic leaders, diplomats and foreign governments, think tanks, business and NGO executives and associations, authors, leading academics, and journalists – and speakers
Network Strength and Stewardship
- Convening power: 100-year tradition
- Representation and advocacy of our vital, shared educational mission in Washington, DC in support of the national network’s brand and convening power
- Best-practice sharing and professional networking: Spring & Fall Leadership meetings; occasional conference calls; online (Councils peer-to-peer); one-on-one advice (WACA-Council)
- Opportunities to serve on the WACA National Board
Subscription Benefits (See Below)
National Programs and Services
- Annual WACA National Conference in DC (subsidized registration and special discounts for members) – myriad of benefits
- Academic WorldQuest High School Competition – sponsor-worthy educational program for Councils at the local level, AWQ Study Guide (free), AWQ National Competition (free registration); AWQ brand
- Opportunities for students in Council communities, including WACA Conference Scholarships, Essay/Video Contests with travel prizes
- WACA Engage America Grants – Funding to Councils for speaker series (World Food Program USA; American Academy of Diplomacy; Wunderbar Together–Germany-U.S.; Sasakawa–Japan-U.S.; USIP Peacebuilding; Sultan Qaboos–Oman; Future of Korea; EU and the U.S.; Rational Middle Energy Series (film); Combatting Human Trafficking (film); Carnegie–Understanding Muslim Societies)
- WACA Leadership Missions & Study Tours and 1918 Society Leadership Circle programs
- NEW SPEAKER DATABASE (via WACA website) – Launched 2019
- Member Resources (via WACA website) – to share best practices, job descriptions, strategy papers, AWQ operations paper, etc. – Launched 2019
- Cover to Cover monthly author conference calls/podcasts – access to authors for Council engagements; free benefit for local Council members; educational content for all
- Weekly World News Update – analysis, topic and speaker ideas – every Wednesday
- Consultations 24/7 with WACA National Office
Recognition and Promotion of Councils & Council Programs
- National Awards: “Council of the Year” Award and Chairman’s Individual Award
- “Council of the Month” Recognition
- Flagship Programs: Great Decisions (Foreign Policy Association); Travel the World (WAC Philadelphia); Conversations that Matter (World Affairs – Northern California on KQED); Global I.Q. Minute (WAC Dallas/Fort Worth)
- Council events and activities – speakers, initiatives (WACA newsletters, website, social media)
- Councils and Council staff in the media – press coverage, op-eds, notable broadcast interviews (WACA newsletters, website, social media)
- Council job listings (WACA newsletters, website, social media)
A dedicated three-person WACA National Office staff is delivering these member programs, services, and benefits to you – and we aim to do more!
Member Publication Discounts
WACA members receive a 20% discount on annual subscriptions. Follow this dedicated link
or ask members to use the code WACA20 at checkout. Interested in a group subscription? Email email@example.com
and note your WACA membership for additional savings on group rate, digital subscriptions.
For those chapter Presidents who would like to sponsor a subscription to Foreign Policy for their members, FP is offering large discounts. Email Rachel.Mines@foreignpolicy.com to discuss the details further.
WACA Members receive a 40% discount on annual subscriptions. Use code M2CPRWACL for the $99.99 annual subscription.
WACA members receive a 20% discount on annual subscriptions. Follow this dedicated link.
$28 per year for Foreign Affairs Plus (includes digital and print editions) or $22 per year for digital or print subscriptions (30% off regular subscription price) Follow this dedicated link.
The Foreign Service Journal
$30 per year (40% off regular subscription price) for all issues, which are available in digital and print. Fill out this dedicated link, and be sure to include “WACA” at the end of your name.
$10.50 per year for 12 issues (38% off regular subscription price)
Call 1-800-444-4653 and use reference code J12WACA.
PRISM Since 2014, WACA has made PRISM, the journal of complex operations published at National Defense University, available to Councils and their members. PRISM is a public service – to request your journal of complex operations, please contact the PRISM editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your preferred mailing address and desired copy count in your message. PRISM is also available online.
World Politics Review
Receive the first six months free and then get another year for $48.50 (50% off regular subscription price). Follow this dedicated link.